Saturday 29 May 2010

Frustration

Well I have had a frustrating few days. With little progress.
First problem was the FFT routine I am using. There appears to
be some artefacts in the iFFT output in the bins around N/2.
Whatever I do I can't get rid of them. They are not in the bins
I am using for the OFDM but they produce unwanted out of band
signals.

The next problem is trying to calibrate out the DC offset in the
WBX up-converter. I was told it was easy to do just a few lines
of code! It is more complex than that. The principal is simple
getting it to work reliably is not.

On the bright side I received the 7660 negative voltage converter
chips I ordered from Taiwan all 30 of them. A life times supply at the
speed I build things.

I am going to have to take a break from all thing Amateur radio in the
next week or so. I have some maths homework to finish, I have already
put it off for far to long, playing with the USRP2 is just too much fun.
I will be back after June 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment