Friday 15 July 2011

4M Dipole and AIM 4170 Antenna analyser

For a change I put back up the 4M vertical dipole I use on FM. After I found
a duff connector in the feed line and did some adjustment to the antenna I
got the following plot, 70 MHz is in the centre. Yes when I connect the antenna
up to a real radio I get the same results as the 4170 measured. This is a great
piece of kit and the latest version of the software includes a TDR function. Which
correctly showed the position of the problem in my feedline. I have had this unit
for a number of years but as I don't do much antenna work this was the first time
I have used it in anger. I think I may be making some more antennas after this
pleasant experience.

The reason for the two overlaid plots is that they show the dipole with about
1cm change in length.

No comments:

Post a Comment