Sunday 18 November 2012

13 cms Amplifier

I am still hacking away. I finally boxed up the 13 cms Class A amp
I bought from PyroJoseph. I had to add a heat sink a couple of fans
and a box around it. I am getting about 12 watts of clean DATV
from it between 2.3 GHz and 2.4 GHz. It is rated at 30 watts
but my USRP2 ran out of drive so I could not drive it any harder.

How much longer we will have enough spectrum at 13 cms for
DATV is another question as the mobile phone industry in the
U.K is trying to make a land grab for the entire 2.3 to 2.4 GHz
spectrum as they also are at 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 2.6 GHz,
3.4 GHz. Do a Google search on any frequency you can think
of above 500 MHz and add the words "release of" and you will
see what I mean.

As someone that only has a pay as you go GSM phone which
I only use about 3 times a year I can't fathom why people need
to be constantly connected but as the saying goes "fools and
their money are easily parted".

No comments:

Post a Comment