Tuesday 13 July 2010

Look no ears!


The ears around the DVB-T signal have gone. They were due to aliasing.
I was being a bit optimistic in the filtering. After changing the filter and
reducing the amount of decimation after the filter the signal looks
much better. Unfortunately the software is now outputting samples at
20Ms/s. This would not have been necessary if the USRP2 was a bit more
flexible in the way it does it's final D/A.

As you can probably see the filter is slightly too narrow now. What should be
done is more taps added to the filter but I don't really want to do that because
the P.C is operating near its limit already.

The blur on the photo is due to the fact I have lost the screw that attaches my
camera to it's tripod so it is difficult to steady the camera in the low light of my
shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment